Saturday, September 15, 2012

Trivial Pursuit, Parenting Edition

I am horrible at Trivial Pursuit.  Probably the last person to complete a pie whenever I play it.  But 3 years ago I wanted to host a game day and thought I would make an edition that moms would be more interested in.  Many hours of research and development later, I had a small Parenting Edition.  We played with it *and* the regular cards.  Each player got to choose whether they wanted the Parenting Edition or the Original Edition.

I prompty forgot where I had put the files (mom brain!  how appropriate!), and three long years later, I have finally found them!!  There are 5 sets of 8, for a total of 40 cards.  You can see in the preview that categories have been combined - for example, yellow and brown both get the same question.  This is because it was very difficult for me to track down solid, black & white information about parenting.

It's been a while since I've played it, but I'm fairly certain these are the categories:
S & H - Statistics & History (yellow & brown)
K - Kids (blue & pink)
P & C - Pregnancy & Childbirth (green & orange)

Important Notes:   
1.  These are sized as 8x10 images.  I had a fair bit of trial and error to get these exactly the right size.  If you, too, want them to be exactly the same size as the regular Trivial Pursuit cards you should print them as 8x10s.  Print the front, flip it, and print the back.  (Obviously then you cut them out.)
2.  Print them on cardstock!  If you use regular paper not only will they not hold up well, but they'll be kind of see through.

No comments: