Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Excel Calendar for 2013

I don't like any of the calendar templates available in Excel, so I made my own.  And I even tested it for a year and made formatting changes before releasing it to you.  I hope it's helpful to some of you!


Above is just one example of the calendar sheets.  I used a different color scheme for each month (I like variety) and you can see all of the formatting here.  The weekends are a darker color, while the weekdays are white.

The bottom line in every day cell is smaller (8pt); during the week this is a dark grey color, and on the weekends this is a light grey color.  I use the bottom line to denote holidays/birthdays/etc.  All other cells for text during the calendar month and in the blank section at the bottom are black.

If there are days visible before the 1st day of the month, their numbers are in white and do not have a box around them.  I use the blank section at the bottom of each month to write in reminders to myself or monthly observances.  I have input all the major US holidays and special days on this download to save you some legwork.

For each calendar day, I use the columns that host the day numbers to put times, and the columns without numbers to put the appointment name.  Here's an example:



 

No comments: