Thursday, January 10, 2013

Makeshift Mud Room

We are staying in an area that has lots of snow and rain.  Unfortunately  the house I am renting does not have a mud room.  We have been using the kitchen as a mud room because the only door to a non-carpeted area is there.  But as you can imagine, with 4 people with snow & rain gear, it gets really dirty and cluttered.  The kitchen is also small to start with.

So I got a portable closet and set it up along the only free wall in the kitchen.  I left the cover off so things could dry quicker and we could have easier access.  The coats, bibs, and snowpants get hung on hangers, while I used clothespins to attach gloves to the outer top bars.  They dry quicker hanging than piled on a shelf.  Boots all go on the floor directly under the jackets.  My husband also puts his bike bags down there and hangs his helmet on the top.





No comments: