Thursday, April 25, 2013

Dutch Baked Pancake w/Strawberry Almond Compote & Scrambled Tofu - Taste of Home & Vegan with a Vengeance


I have made the scrambled tofu from Vegan With a Vengeance many times before, and I love it.  So obviously that gets two thumbs up.  It's a really versatile recipe!

This was my first time making a baked pancake, but after I saw the picture in Taste of Home magazine I had to try it.  I only had to substitute the eggs for flax meal + water (it calls for 4 eggs so I'm pretty sure this changes the consistency of the dish but you do what you gotta do, eh?)  It was wonderful!  Kinda gooey on the inside, real crisp at the outer edges.  The compote was really good & simple as well.  My children, however, did not like this pancake at all.


Edamame was a pretty good accompaniment.

No comments: